“How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to Your Word” (Psalm 119:9)
- Who: This program is designed for youth grades 6th to 12th
- What: There are six key components to the youth program:
Through interactive talks, Bible study, Q&A time and collaborative projects, we will discuss topics that are pressingly relevant to the problems youth face today, such as depression, cyberbullying, broken relationships at home, and substituting worldly habits for the satisfaction that only a relationship with God will provide. The Word of God is real and alive and has the power to shine the light of Christ on whatever situation the teenagers may be facing.
We will keep a board of ongoing prayer requests as well as answered prayer requests, learn Scriptures that apply to what we are going through and the principles behind those Scriptures, and encourage and build one another up on a continuous basis.
The youth center is set up with tables and chairs, so that the teens can play games together and express themselves artistically using the provided supplies. This provides a chance to bond and relax. We will also engage in planned group activities that get everyone actively involved.
As a foundation is being built in these teenagers, they also have a calling from God to help fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20). They will learn how to shine the light of Christ wherever they are: at home, at school, on their sports teams, on social media, and in this community.
The youth center is their space. Our teenagers will play a crucial role in helping to maintain it, in order to have a sense of ownership and grow in maturity.
The youth will serve as volunteers in different areas of the church, including events sponsored by our children’s ministry and helping our widows, in addition to participating in local missions as a means to show love to our neighbors.
- When: We will have a youth group meeting once a week (every Saturday starting at 7 p.m.). The youth center will also be open after school for homework, tutoring, study breaks, and hanging out.
- Where: Our youth center is located in the newly renovated annex of the church.
- Why: The vision of the youth center is to create a safe place for broken, hurting, lonely teenagers to feel welcome and invited, where they can receive the love, compassion, and healing they need to graduate from high school spiritually healthy. Jesus is the resurrection and the life (John 11:25). He came for the sick, and the church is a hospital for the soul (Matthew 9:12). Our youth center is a hiding place from the world to get the truth in our young people. It is a place for refreshment and stress relief, where they can have guilt-free, righteous fun and receive the love of God in a way that is meaningful, relevant, and impactful.